7 Week GPP Hypertrophy Bias (4-Day) – Version 2.0
Our brand-new 4 day hypertrophy-biased template builds off the success of the previous 3-day template to serve as a new option for more experienced trainees, those who prefer training 4x/wk, and/or those who have ran our 3 day version before. As always, our programs continue to have a strength-training bias and this one is no different. We’ve had some pretty impressive results from our beta testers driving up their lifts using this template and we’re very excited to release it!
Additionally, our new templates have been redesigned with a focus on usability and user experience.
This purchase includes both the pound and kilo version of the template.
To begin, let’s make sure this is the right template for you:
Are you are a lifter post-novice who is healthy and wants to pursue training with hypertrophy (muscle size increase) as the primary goal while not giving up strength improvements, then you’ve come to the right place!
This program works best for hypertrophy when the trainee is actively gaining weight. Conversely, this program could also be used for one who wants to lean out, as the added volume and conditioning work well for this application.
That said, I probably wouldn’t run this and another hypertrophy-focused program back-to-back, but rather plug it in as sort of a “palate cleanse” between programs with different (non hypertrophy) priorities. In other words, if you ran a strength-oriented program before and after this template, that’d work well.
Overall, you’ll see an example of how I would program for an post-novice lifter who wants to take some time prioritizing hypertrophy or who could use higher volume for weight loss benefits. The volume and exercise selection are intentional for this application.
Other characteristics of this program:
- Post-novice with specific goal of muscle size increase
- Designed to be run following or before the 12 week strength block, after LP or Bridge (either version), after HLM, after the GPP Endurance template
- Works best when you are actively gaining weight for hypertrophy or
can be used when you are leaning out as it provides added volume and lower fatigue demands helpful when in a deficit
- Should be used in a cycle with a strength program
- High volume training, specific exercise selections
- Uses RPE and/or percentages
- 4 days/week
- Includes conditioning (additional 1-2 days per week or added after a training session), arm work, etc.
- Equipment-rack, barbell, free weights, bench, and optional: incline bench, dumbbells, leg press, and safety squat bar
- Includes: Video Playlist for exercises and logger
- No refunds are available for downloadable products at this time.