This is a brand-new 16-week template designed by Dr. Michael Ray, Dr. Derek Miles, Dr. Austin Baraki, and Dr. Jordan Feigenbaum. It is aimed at lifters who have non-specific knee pain, which is a fancy way of saying, “knee pain that is not due to a fracture, dislocation, invasive mass, etc.” If you’ve been diagnosed with a tendinopathy, patellofemoral pain syndrome, jumper’s knee, runner’s knee or similar, this template is for you.
Alternatively, if you are a trainer or health professional looking for exercise tools to implement with your clients or patients with knee pain, this template is also for you.
That said, there are some caveats to this template. While it is adaptable to athletes participating in CrossFit, Olympic Weightlifting, and endurance sports, it is incomplete given the different demands of those sports compared to powerlifting and general strength training. Each one of those sports would have a different phase three structure to optimally prepare the athlete for return to sport. As present, this template is designed to prepare the athlete to return to normal strength training, i.e. the squat and deadlift.
The following are included in the Knee Rehab Template:
- 16 weeks of lower extremity programming, i.e. squatting, deadlifting, and variations, split over 3 phases.
- Adaptable to many different exercises based on user’s preference
- 3-5 days per week
- Designed for lifter to continue normal upper body programming throughout
- Clinically validated assessment tools to aid in program management
- Includes exercise video playlist and training logger
- Scientific resources provided for further reading
If you have questions about this template we have a pain and rehab forum ran by Dr. Derek Miles and Dr. Michael Ray, which is available here:
No refunds are available for downloadable products at this time.