The Powerbuilding II Template is designed for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Have significant previous experience (>6-9 months) training with barbells. If you’re brand new to training that’s great! We recommend our Beginner Template for those who have not been training with barbells consistently. Don’t worry, this template will still be available for you when you’re ready. If you’ve already completed The Beginner Template then we recommend running the Powerbuilding I Template prior to the Powerbuilding II Template.
- Trainees who want to focus on increasing muscular size while improving strength in the powerlifts, e.g. the squat, bench press, and deadlift. While we expect most to see improved muscle size and strength, this is not a template focused explicitly on powerlifting or bodybuilding. Rather, this serves as a blend of strength-training and body-building wrapped up into one template. Similar to the Hypertrophy templates, this is one of our preferred off-season templates for strength athletes for those who want to gain muscle mass- though we continue to focus training resources on the powerlifts in this template. Finally, the Powerbuilding II template is a more advanced template for those who are interested in losing body fat or who are looking to increase muscle size and strength in the powerlifts.
This is a 10-week strength and conditioning program that includes 6 workouts per week broken up as follows:
- 4 full-body, strength-focused workouts.
- 2 GPP days including conditioning workouts (e.g. 1 anaerobic interval workout and 1 aerobic workout per week) and accessory exercises (e.g. upper-back, trunk, and arm work).The workout days aren’t set in stone, but we recommend the following training week:
- Monday – Day 1 lifting
- Tuesday – Day 2 lifting
- Wednesday- GPP Day 1
- Thursday – Day 3 lifting
- Friday – Day 4 lifting
- Saturday- GPP Day 2
- Sunday – It is 100% okay to mix and match elements of the training week to fit your schedule, however we recommend keeping the putting the lifting days non- consecutively (e.g. M/W/F or T/R/Sat) when possible.
Equipment-wise, we recommend that folks have a pair of Olympic lifting shoes, running shoes, cross-training sneakers, and a lifting belt. Straps, wraps, etc. can be used as needed per the lifter’s discretion, but they aren’t explicitly needed.
After the Powerbuilding II Template you can pick a number of different paths. One option is to run it again using the same exercises if you saw good progress the first time. Alternatively, you could move to one of our other templates such as our Hypertrophy I, Strength I, Powerlifting II, Strenghtlifting II, Strength III, Titan, or Endurance programs. We recommend either opting for a strength focus (e.g. Powerlifting II, Strengthlifting II, or Strength III) or an endurance-focused template (e.g. Titan, or Endurance templates).
No refunds are available for downloadable products at this time.