Alan Thrall and Dr. Feigenbaum teamed up to create a Strongman Training Template. This template is designed for individuals who are looking to prepare for a strongman competition or incorporate elements of strongman training in their program. This program would also be suitable as a general strength and conditioning template without the strongman-specific elements. Thus, this template has the potential to be very versatile.
If you’d like to try our free 6-week version of this template, you can download that here.
The template includes:
- 15 weeks of programming including 4-5 workouts per week
- 39-page eBook describing the template’s design principles
The program design follows a similar pattern to our other templates in that it aims to increase intensity and volume over time as the individual improves their strength, endurance, work capacity, and movement proficiency. However, we purposely chose movements, rep schemes, and conditioning elements that tend to transfer better to strongman events.
For example: 1-Repetition Maximum bench press or squat performance are only rarely tested in strongman competition whereas tests of maximum overhead and deadlift strength and stamina are common. Strongman also places a premium on conditioning and implement-specific skills, which are both given ample training resources in this template.
The template is made to be versatile equipment wise and many substitutions can be made. At a bare minimum, here’s what we think you’ll need:
- Squat rack or stands (technically optional, but this is helpful)
- Bench (optional, but helpful)
- Something to carry, e.g. keg, sandbag, or similar
- Something to pull, drag, or push, e.g. sled, tire, vehicle, or similar.
- Using the link included in your email receipt (make sure to check the spam folder if you don’t see it), download the zip file onto your computer. Some phones and tablets will allow you to unzip a “.zip” file, however we cannot guarantee that this will work 100% of the time. We recommend using a desktop or laptop computer to unzip the file.
- Within the zip file you should have an instruction manual and a training template.
- We recommend duplicating the template you’re planning on using and saving it under a new name. We also recommend saving the templates you just downloaded in a safe and secure location so you have fresh one ready to go in future.
All of our templates are designed to be used in Microsoft Excel. They will also work using the “Google Sheets” application on Android and Apple products. Below are some links to these items:
No refunds on downloadable templates at this time.