This is a 3-day strength and conditioning template that with a wide variety of movements, rep schemes, and other programming elements that aim to increase strength, muscle size, movement proficiency, and work capacity with a bias towards improving the squat, bench press, overhead press, and deadlift. If you’re a brand-new lifter, just coming off the Bridge V1.0, HLM, or GPP templates or Bridge 2.0 then I would recommend this template.
As far as what’s better, HLM or The Bridge? I don’t really have a preference. I think both can be brutally effective for the right population. When compared to our less specific HLM template, this template devotes more training resources towards the lifts mentioned above, though still uses a good amount of variation. Furthermore, I wouldn’t feel comfortable saying one is better than the other, as I think the individual’s responses to the training will end up dictating the program that works better instead of any specific difference in programming variable(s).
Other characteristics of this program:
- Solid novice training program, also a good idea after Time Crunch Template or GPP Templates
- Can also be run after Bridge 1.0
- Uses several different supplemental lifts from Bridge 1.0 and 2.0
- Rep schemes varied from Bridge 1.0 and 2.0
- Introduces RPE and also provides percentages
- 3 days/week
- Includes conditioning (additional 2 days or added after a training session)
- Equipment: rack, barbell, free weights, bench, optional-leg press and Safety Squat Bar (SSB)
- Includes Video Playlist and logger
Additionally, if you are trying to lean out by more than a few pounds, has somewhat compromised recovery or training resources at present time, has a bunch of niggling injuries, and/or needs a change of pace from pure strength training–then one of the GPP templates is likely better for you. If you are super crunched for time, then the time crunch plan is likely ideal for you.
No refunds are available for downloadable products at this time.